On December 13, 2018, I had the pleasure of presenting on the legal issues relevant to early-stage biotechnology companies as part of the Pathfinder Innovation Program sponsored by BioHealth Innovation, Inc. and Launch Workplaces. On January 16, I will expand on that presentation to the Rockville Chamber of Commerce members and other small businesses as part of the panel discussion, Good Morning Rockville: Creating a Strong Business Foundation.
The objective is to identify the myriad of legal issues present at the various stages of entrepreneurship: startup, grow up, wind up, or break up. Questions from the attendees will focus the discussions, but I will address:
- Business formation and governance
- Tax designations
- Advisory boards
- Boards of directors and manager run limited liability companies
- Protecting intellectual property with a non-disclosure agreement
- Raising capital; equity compensation plans
- Worker classifications (exempt vs. non-exempt; w-2 or 1099 workers)
- Wage and hour laws; non-compete agreements
- Buy-sell agreements among owners
It’s been said that knowledge is power. I say knowledge is potential power. I’ll provide you with knowledge you can use to maximize your business potential.
Please join me for breakfast and a robust conversation about creating a strong business foundation for a successful and enjoyable journey as an entrepreneur!