After 25 years of practicing law for national and mid-sized firms based in the District of Columbia, Maryland and Virginia, Lynn Perry Parker launched LPP Law in August 2012. Lynn’s mission is to provide for-profit and nonprofit businesses, and transitioning executives, her knowledge, creativity and passion to achieve purposeful results, honestly and economically. In sum, to provide Lawyering with Principles and Purpose.
LPP Law was created as an alternative to impersonal and inefficient big law firms. As a business owner, you need a lawyer you can call with a quick question or meet with 1-on-1 to discuss your business needs and best options when you need it. A personal relationship with your lawyer contributes to the success and enjoyment of your work. LPP Law’s clients receive a unique balance of knowledge, skill, and personal focus; all essential factors needed whether you are starting, growing, selling, departing or retiring from your business. LPP Law is your partner in business.
LPP Law measures its success by its many long-standing client relationships, client referrals, and “Thank You” notes. Throughout her 30 years of practice, Lynn’s clients have publicly praised her services by independently nominating her for recognition in publications such as the Washington SmartCEO, “Legal Elite.” Lynn’s peers have recommended she be included among the 5% of lawyers in Maryland and DC named as a Super Lawyer every year since 2012 and a “Top Lawyer” in Washingtonian magazine. By continuing to learn, staying relevant and providing you individualized service, LPP Law is committed to future success.
Lynn enhances and shares her knowledge on matters that concern employers by presenting, writing, and advocating:
Presentations and Publications:
- Contributing author to the Maryland State Bar Association Employment Law Desk Book
- Presenter: Hottest Issue in Employment Law: Misclassifications of Employees as Independent Contractors, (Montgomery County Chamber of Commerce, June 2012; Payroll Network, March 2013; Microsoft Partners, January 2013, June 2017)
- Provides EEO and anti-harassment training to employees, management, and business owners
- Presenter: Termination During a Recession: Be Strategic; Be Prepared (MICPEL, 2009)
- Presenter: HIRING AND FIRING: How to do it Right! (Virginia business organization, 2003 and 2007)
- Presents on cable, TV news, and radio stations
- Presents to high school students about employment and civil rights laws. (Street Law, Law Day etc.)
- Testifies before Montgomery County Council and various Maryland legislative committees on public school budgets and proposed employment laws, such as minimum wage and paid leave laws
Check out our blog, Everyday Law, for updates and insights about the law’s relevance to you!